Friday, June 26, 2015

Gay marriage: Don't be a bigot.

Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I'm going to start this off by saying I am not opposed to the Supreme Court's decision to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states. The decision does not really affect me.

But what does affect me are all of the bigots on both sides of this issue. Yes, you can be a bigot and be for gay marriage. All of the hate posts and slander I have seen from both sides today shows me that there are an abundance of bigots on both sides.

I was blocked by someone today when I pointed out that not everyone on the anti-gay marriage side is an uneducated bigot. We would do much better in our posts today if we stop for a minute and remember that the person on the other side of the political spectrum is not an ignorant uneducated hater. They probably just have a different opinion.

So if you feel that everyone who was against gay marriage is an ignorant fool, you, my friend, are a bigot. In reality, both sides are very educated on the topic, they just hold different opinions.

This is America. Let us just say what our opinion is and that we disagree with the other side and vote on it. NO INSULTS NEEDED. It only makes your side look bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment